Saturday 19 September 2015

Rainy Days and Quilty Friends

When I first decided to start this blog, it was just to share the quilty things I make. I soon realized that this blog was so much more than that. It was also an introduction into the wonderful world of quilty bloggers. I now have quilty blog friends who understand my passion and addiction for quilting, but they also are so much more than quilting friends. Take Lara of BuzzinBumble for example. Lara went above and beyond being just a quilty friend, she is a compassionate caring person.


Henry Wadsworth Longfellow said  'Into each life some rain must fall' It seems like it has been a downpour here since Saturday, my DIL was rushed by ambulance for emergency surgery, she was 7 weeks pregnant. She lost the baby, I had surgery on Tuesday followed by a bad reaction to the tape on the dressing. In Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem he also says 'Behind the clouds is the sun still shining'. I know that is true and I'll just have to wait for the sun to shine, it may take awhile but it will shine brightly.

People like Lara are helping in their own special way to get the sun shining and it seems a little brighter thanks to her. You see I received a package in the mail from her filled to the brim with well wishes and gifts.

 A lovely bag that I know was sewn with prayers and well wishes in every stitch. The caramels will be enjoyed and gone in no time. The sudoku will definitely help to occupy my mind. Thank you seems so inadequate, but also so heart felt. Thank you Lara for being there and for being such a good quilty friend.

8 comments :

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that life is trying to drown you, and I hope that the rainbow starts appearing soon. Lara is awesome as are some bloggy hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I'm so sorry that it's been one thing and then another. I'm sorry for your family's loss. Lara is indeed the kindest of souls, and unbelievably thoughtful to send a get well package up to you. Rest and be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your DIL, and I am continuing to send warm thoughts your way as you recover from surgery, too. What a kind and generous thing for Lara to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also sorry to hear about your family's loss. I will be thinking of you as you grieve and as you recover from surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the rain as well as the sunshine. Hope these testing times draw you even closer together as a family and mean you'll be ready to rejoice together in the sunny times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Know I am sending love and prayers for all of you and an extra speedy recovery for both of you. What a wonderful thing that Lara did! Sometimes it's the smallest gestures during our times of great sorrow that can mean the most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear of your daughter loosing the baby, Cindy. Hope you are both feeling better soon and will be enjoying the glorious sunshine again. And, yes, that Lara.... She's a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel so blessed to be a part of QBL and counting people such as you and that Lara (she's just da bomb no?!) who is herself not in the greatest of health, amongst my dear friends makes my life that much richer. I'm so sorry I'm so late reading this Cindy.... I continue to send you warm healing light but I will now also send some healing rays to your DIL. Mmmph!! That's a quilty hug from me to you, just up the road a bit. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, however if you don't get a reply back from me it is because you may be a no-reply blogger. Hope you have a great day!